Geo mobile: Invoices
Invoicing - Mobile
You can also use the Geo app to invoice, which means you can invoice your customers on the go and as soon as the job is finished.
Invoicing allows you to Invoice all your recorded Billables (Time and Materials) on a Job, as well as add Payments to these Invoices.
This can be done from either a web console or on a mobile app.
Where can Invoices be accessed and created from?
- INVOICES screen
- INVOICES tab within a Job
- INVOICES tab within a Client
When you log into your Geo account, you will now be able to see a new option in the hamburger menu called Invoices.
Clicking on Invoices in the hamburger menu will take you to the Invoices screen. This screen will show you your list of Invoices which can be:
- Locked/Unlocked (Admins only). When locked, the Invoice cannot be edited or deleted and no Payment can be added.
- Filtered - by Status, From and To based on Due Date
- Searched - by Invoice number, Client or Job name
- Sorted - by Invoice number, Client, Job Name, Status, Due created and Total
- Have a payment added to it - by clicking on the kebab icon (...) and selecting the option, 'Add Payment'
From this page, Invoices can also be created by clicking on the FAB icon .
Note: This tab can only be viewed by Admins, Team Leaders and Staff, but not the Contractors.
INVOICES tab within a Job
When a Job is clicked on you are taken to the 'OVERVIEW' screen. On this screen you will see a new 'INVOICES' tab to the left.
From this tab you can access all the Invoices related to that specific Job. These Invoices can also be edited, deleted, locked, sorted, filtered and have a Payment added to it.
Users can also create an Invoice by clicking on the FAB icon .
INVOICES tab within a Client
When a Client is clicked on you are taken to the 'OVERVIEW' screen. On this screen you will see a new 'INVOICES' tab on the left.
From this tab you can access all the Invoices related to that specific Client. These Invoices can also be edited, deleted, locked, sorted, filtered and have a Payment added to them.
Users can also create an Invoice by clicking on the FAB icon (+)
Creating an Invoice
Invoices can be created from either the INVOICES screen or the INVOICES tab within a Job or a Client.
When creating an Invoice, there are two tabs that will be shown:
The DETAILS tab (with the following mandatory fields):
- Client - searches for existing Clients
- Job name - searches for an existing Job
- Job location - pre-filled from when a Job is selected (not editable)
- Invoice number - user to enter or auto generated, mandatory
- Invoice date - pre-filled with today's date, editable, mandatory
- Due date - pre-filled with a date from today's date, editable, mandatory
And the following non-mandatory fields:
- Job description - pre-filled with Job description (editable)
- Notes - user to enter
The BILLABLES tab, with the following fields:
- Time and Materials - pre-filled from the Billables on the attached Job (editable-all changes will be updated on the Job)
- Total (auto-calculated)
- Materials (auto-calculated)
- Labour (auto-calculated)
- There will be a slight difference when creating an invoice from the INVOICES page or the INVOICE tab within a Job in regards to which fields are pre-filled.
- All Invoices must have at least one Billable.
- Invoices can be created by Admins, Team Leaders and Staff.
Editing an Invoice
When an Invoice has been saved you can edit it by clicking on the kebab icon next to it.
- An invoice cannot be edited when there is a Payment attached to it.
- Invoices can be edited by Admins, Team Leaders and Staff (only Invoices they have created).
Saving an Invoice
When you’ve finished adding in the details on an Invoice, it is saved and then a PDF preview is shown.
This PDF can be checked, exported and sent to your customer.
Payments can be added from any of the following places:
- INVOICES page
- INVOICES tab within a Job and/or
- INVOICES tab within a Client.
- You can add one or more payments to one Invoice
- You can’t add an amount that is greater than the Due amount
- When you click on the kebab icon next to an Invoice, an option will appear to 'Add Payment'. You’ll then be taken to another screen for them to enter the following information - Amount, Payment Type, Transaction Date, Reference #, Description and adding an Attachment (if required)
- View Payments by clicking on 'View Payments' option in the kebab menu
- Payments can be edited and deleted
- Only one attachment can be added to a Payment and Invoices cannot be deleted if there is a Payment linked to it
- Payments must be deleted before the Invoice is deleted
- Only Admins and Team Leaders can add a Payment